Friday 6 January 2012

Fabulous Fridays!

Today is one of those days where I love being 'gainfully unemployed'!!! I started the day trying to resurrect the chocolate baileys fudge I tried to make for AG. A recipe I've made to perfection for myself a thousand times over, yet when its meant to be given to someone else, all I've got is a gloopy mess. Still tastes nice though.

Hmmm... * lightbulb*

If I roll little pieces in some cocoa, could it turn out like turkish delight?

Er, scrap that, now it tastes vile! Blecchhh... Sorry AG, no baileys fudge for you!

Started the day proper, with a trip down to Zeit & Zaatar, on Uxbridge Road, an authentic Lebanese place that serves freshly baked bread. We had the 'Zaatar Bread' which was delicious, and at GBP1.25 a pop - you cant go far wrong! The owners were lovely and very friendly too - so I will definitely be back! Thank you AG for bringing me here!!!

Back at the 'mansion' and waiting for the 'oven man', the phone rings:

Guy: Good afternoon, I am calling from Consumer Life and need you to answer a few questions on our questionnaire.
Me: I'm afraid I really cant spare the time, but thank you for calling. Also this number is "ex-directory" so you really shouldnt have it on your call list to start with. I would be very grateful if you would remove this number from your list.
Guy: Oh no Madam, this is not one of 'those' calls at all. I am calling from Consumer Life, and just have a few questions for you to answer.
Me: So it is one of 'those' calls. I'm ever so sorry, but I really dont have the..
Guy: What type of healthcare plan do you have?
Me: Really, I dont have the time, please take me off the list.
Guy: So that's a no... Have you ever had a healthcare plan?
Me: I am not participating in this survey, thank you, please take me off your list!!!
Guy: No healthcare provision, what do you think of...

!!! Wow!!! The guy is defnitely persistent. I know, I know, I'm getting soft - but having spent my first year on my undergraduate degree selling windows over the phone, for only GBP3.60 an hour ( minimum wage back then), I do feel for the poor buggers... So here I am answering questions for consumer life... To be fair, not like I have anything more exciting to do... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment